730 CKDM - The Parklands Best

Thursday, 26 March 2015 15:28

DFD Reminding Residents To Have Carbon Monoxide Detectors

The Dauphin Fire Department is encouraging people to have carbon monoxide detectors in both new and old buildings.
 
The detectors are mandatory in new buildings under the Manitoba Building Code.
 
Cam Abrey, chief of the Dauphin Fire Department, says the DFD recommends you have a detector in your home, even if you heat with electricity.
 
"Where you have your fresh air intake going into your home, if there's a vehicle idling close by, and we've responded to calls where somebody is cutting their grass outside and the carbon monoxide alarm goes off inside the home because the exhaust from the lawnmower has now been sucked into the home. Even if you have electric heat, we still encourage everybody to have carbon monoxide alarms within their home."
 
Abrey says signs of symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu, and it's hard to determine without an alarm if a person has been exposed to the dangerous gas.
Read 737 times Last modified on Thursday, 26 March 2015 17:20

Highway Re-Opens After Closures

Monday, 20 November 2017 19:49
Highway Re-Opens After Closures

The TransCanada Highway between Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie has reopened after it was shut down last night.

UPDATE: Power Back On In Mossey River

Monday, 20 November 2017 19:39
UPDATE:  Power Back On In Mossey River

Hydro has been restored to the Mossey River area.

Peguis man found dead

Monday, 20 November 2017 15:19
Peguis man found dead

A 55 year old man is dead after he went missing on Saturday in Peguis First Nation.

Portage overpass closed

Monday, 20 November 2017 15:08
Portage overpass closed

The overpass just west of Portage is closed for the next few days.