730 CKDM - The Parklands Best

Monday, 27 April 2015 09:47

Faulty Heat Detector Sends Firefighters to DRCSS

There was no danger to staff and students when firefighters were called to the Dauphin high school this morning.
 
Dauphin fire chief Cam Abrey says the call was the result of a faulty heat detector in the metals shop.
 
Abrey credits staff and students at the DRCSS for properly enacting their emergency plan, with buses being rerouted to allow room for fire trucks and students standing at a safe distance.
Read 822 times Last modified on Monday, 27 April 2015 16:15

Reports say Semi hit Portage overpass

Friday, 17 November 2017 19:27
Reports say Semi hit Portage overpass

Reports are saying that a westbound semi hit the Portage overpass on the Trans Canada highway this evening.

Truck slid off bridge into icy water this morning

Friday, 17 November 2017 16:06
Truck slid off bridge into icy water this morning

A 73 year old man from St. Claude, which is south of Portage, rolled his truck this morning.

"Help Yourself to Stay Warm and Well" helping those in need

Friday, 17 November 2017 12:52

Those in need of warm clothing can find what they need at the “Help Yourself to Stay Warm and Well" event.

Pallister injured while on vacation

Friday, 17 November 2017 11:01
Pallister injured while on vacation

The Premier was hospitalised overnight in New Mexico after suffering a broken arm and other cuts and bruises.