Environmental Services Aides (Housekeeping/Laundry Aides) - Swan River & GrandviewPopular
Part time & Full Time Environmental Services Aides (Housekeeping/Laundry Aides) needed in the communities of Swan River & Grandview
* Grade 10 (Manitoba Standards)
* Other combination of education and experience may be considered
* Demonstrated dexterity, and efficient work methods
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
* Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Under the direction of the Manager, Environmental Services or the Environmental Services Supervisor, the Environmental Services Aide is responsible for performing the following activities according to related policies and procedures and any government regulations and legislation: assists in all aspects of laundry and housekeeping services in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines; prioritizes and completes all duties, inspections, and inventory responsibilities within established timeframes and schedules; performs all duties in a manner that enhances patient and workplace safety.
- Assists in the training and/or orientation of Environmental Services staff and students.
- Assumes responsibility for following departmental procedures to ensure consistency and quality of service is maintained throughout the Environmental Services Departments.
- Cleans assigned areas in accordance with current established cleaning schedules and infection control guidelines.
- Prioritizes and completes extra cleaning duties within established timeframes and in accordance with current cleaning schedule.
- Conducts daily tours of areas of responsibility prior to end of shift, inspecting each area for cleanliness.
- Ensures all equipment is clean and operating efficiently.
- Performs duties of washing, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, polishing, and dusting using appropriate equipment and products.
- Cleans bed frames and mattresses as scheduled and required.
- Collects waste and washes waste receptacles.
- Clean and maintain housekeeping carts including restocking.
- Performs duties of collecting, sorting, washing, drying, folding, and transporting linen and clothing.
- Cleans and processes laundry and linen in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines.
- May be required to make minor repairs to laundry and linen as required.
- Distributes laundry and linen as appropriate.
- Restocks supplies in all areas, as assigned and required.
- Assists with inventory procedures.
- Assists/participates in department quality control audits and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Apply online at: careers.pmh-mb.ca
(OR) A resume along with a cover letter outlining where your interest is, can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.